Become an Authorized Certified Trainer (ACT), Certified Stress Testing Expert Trainer (CSTET-B3)
In order to become an Authorized Certified Trainer, you need to:
1. Have the required experience.
You must have a minimum of seven (7) years cumulative paid full-time work experience in risk management, compliance, audit or a related domain.
You may receive a one-year experience waiver with a four-year college degree.
2. Become a lifetime member of the Association and pass the CBiiiPro, CP3E-B3, and CSTE-B3 exams.
3. Subscribe to the Code of Ethics for Authorized Certified Trainers:
Code of Ethics for Authorized Certified Trainers (ACTs)
The Authorized Certified Trainer recognizes that becoming an ACT is a privilege that must be both earned and maintained.
The Authorized Certified Trainer, who intentionally or knowingly violates any provision of this Code of Ethics, may be subject to action by the Association.
A. Advance and protect the profession.
B. Provide diligent and competent services to your employer, your colleagues and to all other risk and compliance management professionals.
C. Act honorably and stand firm for what is honorable.
D. Strive to maintain the highest levels of competence in your work.
E. Recognize the limitations of your expertise and undertake only those tasks for which you are qualified by education, training, or experience.
F. Recognize the need for ongoing training in order to remain professionally competent.
4. Send an email to Lyn Spooner.
4.1. The title of your email must be the following: Application to become an Authorized Certified Trainer.
4.2. Please attach your CV in adobe acrobat format. Be specific about your work experience, educational background and skills. We will use background check services to verify certificates, employment records, employment history and what is written in your CV. You must clearly authorize us to perform these background checks.
4. 3. Please write a few words about your plans for the future. Why do you want to become an Authorized Certified Trainer?
4. 4. Please write that you subscribe to the Code of Ethics for Authorized Certified Trainers.
4.5. Please add the following to your application:
I understand that as an Authorized Certified Trainer I am not a representative or employee of the Association and I shall have no claim against the Association hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, or employee benefits of any kind, or any other reason. The Association is not accountable under any circumstances for any legal issues caused by me in my capacity as an Authorized Certified Trainer.
I understand that I have the right to work and provide services for other parties or associations, while performing services in accordance with this application.
4.6. We reserve the right to reject applications that are unprofessional, informal, incomplete, contain language that we consider offensive, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate, or do not provide evidence for the knowledge and experience required. We also reserve the right to reject applications if we do not see the business opportunity for both parties, the Association and the ACT.
4.7. All submitted information is confidential and will never be disclosed to any third party. We may only disclose the information to governmental agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, or other persons in line with applicable laws, regulations and court orders.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction. All electronic messages sent to and from our systems are automatically stored. They are protected by reasonable technical and organisational measures.
4.8. If you meet the above requirements and we see a business opportunity, we will send you an email two weeks after your application, informing you that you have been accepted as an Authorized Certified Trainer.
4.9. If you want to purchase the CBiiiPro, CP3E-B3, and CSTE-B3 programs and the lifetime membership only for the opportunity to become an ACT, you may submit your application before purchasing any program or membership, to learn if you can be accepted as an ACT.
5. Maintain the Authorized Certified Trainer status.
Recertification is required every two years. Authorized Certified Trainers must take the CBiiiPro, CP3E-B3, and CSTE-B3 exams every two years, to provide evidence that they stay current.
1. The Authorized Certified Trainer status serves as a third-party endorsement to your knowledge and experience. This is important when being considered for a promotion or other career opportunities. You give the necessary assurance that you have the knowledge and skills needed to accept more responsibility.
2. Authorized Certified Trainers are authorized to train managers and employees inside their organization, using the official presentations, provided that at least 6 delegates take the exam after each training class.