Basel iii training and certification
Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3), distance learning and online certification program
Pillar 3 of the Basel iii framework seeks to promote market discipline through regulatory disclosure requirements. Managers and employees with Basel iii Pillar 3 skills are necessary for the implementation of Basel iii around the world.
The program has been designed to provide with the knowledge and skills needed to understand the third Pillar of the Basel III framework as amended in March 2017 (Basel Committee, March 2017, Pillar 3 disclosure requirements, consolidated and enhanced framework), and to work in Basel III Pillar 3 projects. The course provides with the skills needed to pass the Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3-B3) exam.
This course is intended for managers and employees working in banks, financial organizations, financial groups, and financial conglomerates. It is also intended for management consultants, vendors, suppliers, and service providers working for financial organizations.
This course is highly recommended for:
- Managers and professionals involved in Basel III (decision making and implementation),
- Risk and compliance officers,
- IT professionals,
Introduction to the 3rd Pillar of Basel III.
- Information asymmetry.
- Moral hazard.
- Market discipline.
- The revised disclosure regime.
- The “hierarchy” of disclosures.
Basel Committee, March 2017 Amendment.
- Pillar 3 disclosure requirements, consolidated and enhanced framework.
- The “fixed” and the “flexible” format.
- Important templates.
- Template KM1: Key metrics (at consolidated group level).
- Template KM2: Key metrics – TLAC requirements (at resolution group level).
- Template OV1: Overview of RWA.
- Template PV1: Prudent valuation adjustments (PVA).
- Template CC1: Composition of regulatory capital.
- Template CC2 – Reconciliation of regulatory capital to balance sheet.
- Table CCA: Main features of regulatory capital instruments and of other TLAC-eligible instruments.
- Template TLAC1: TLAC composition for G-SIBs (at resolution group level).
- Template GSIB1 – Disclosure of G-SIB indicators.
- Template CCyB1 – Geographical distribution of credit exposures used in the countercyclical capital buffer.
- Template LR1 – Summary comparison of accounting assets vs leverage ratio exposure measure (January 2014 standard).
- Template LR2: Leverage ratio common disclosure template (January 2014 standard).
- Table LIQA – Liquidity risk management.
- Template LIQ1: Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR).
- Template LIQ2: Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR).
- Table CRA: General qualitative information about credit risk.
- Template CR1: Credit quality of assets.
- Template CR2: Changes in stock of defaulted loans and debt securities.
- Table CRB: Additional disclosure related to the credit quality of assets.
- Table CCRA: Qualitative disclosure related to counterparty credit risk.
- Template CCR1: Analysis of counterparty credit risk (CCR) exposure by approach.
- Template CCR2: Credit valuation adjustment (CVA) capital charge.
- Template CCR3: Standardised approach – CCR exposures by regulatory portfolio and risk weights.
- Table SECA: Qualitative disclosure requirements related to securitisation exposures.
- Template SEC1: Securitisation exposures in the banking book.
- Template SEC2: Securitisation exposures in the trading book.
- Template SEC3: Securitisation exposures in the banking book and associated regulatory capital requirements – bank acting as originator or as sponsor.
- Template SEC4: Securitisation exposures in the banking book and associated capital requirements – bank acting as investor.
- Table MRA: General qualitative disclosure requirements related to market risk.
- Template MR1: Market risk under the SA.
- Table REMA: Remuneration policy.
- Template REM1: Remuneration awarded during the financial year.
- Template REM2: Special payments.
- Template REM3: Deferred remuneration.
Become a Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3)
We will send the program up to 24 hours after the payment. Please remember to check the spam folder of your email client too, as emails with attachments are often landed in the spam folder.
You have the option to ask for a full refund up to 60 days after the payment. If you do not want one of our programs or services for any reason, all you must do is to send us an email, and we will refund the payment, no questions asked.
Your payment will be received by our strategic partner and service provider, Cyber Risk GmbH (Dammstrasse 16, 8810 Horgen, Switzerland, Handelsregister des Kantons Zürich, Firmennummer: CHE-244.099.341). Cyber Risk GmbH may also send certificates to all members.
The all-inclusive cost is $297. There is no additional cost, now or in the future, for this program.
First option: You can purchase the Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3) program with VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay etc.Purchase the CP3E-B3 program here (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay etc.)
Second option: QR code payment.
i. Open the camera app or the QR app on your phone.
ii. Scan the QR code and possibly wait for a few seconds.
iii. Click on the link that appears, open your browser, and make the payment.
Third option: You can purchase the Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3) program with PayPal
When you click "PayPal" below, you will be redirected to the PayPal web site. If you prefer to pay with a card, you can click "Debit or Credit Card" that is also powered by PayPal.
What is included in the price:
A. The official presentations (261 slides)
The presentations are effective and appropriate to study online or offline. Busy professionals have full control over their own learning and are able to study at their own speed. They are able to move faster through areas of the course they feel comfortable with, but slower through those that they need a little more time on.
B. Up to 3 online exam attempts per year
Candidates must pass only one exam to become CP3E-B3s. If they fail, they must study the official presentations and retake the exam. Candidates are entitled to 3 exam attempts every year.
If candidates do not achieve a passing score on the exam the first time, they can retake the exam a second time.
If they do not achieve a passing score the second time, they can retake the exam a third time.
If candidates do not achieve a passing score the third time, they must wait at least one year before retaking the exam. There is no additional cost for any additional exam attempts.
To learn more, you may visit:
C. Personalized certificate
Processing and posting via registered mail with tracking number. Certificates are usually dispatched every 10 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to know more about the Basel iii Compliance Professionals Association (BiiiCPA).
The Basel iii Compliance Professionals Association (BiiiCPA) is the largest association of Basel iii Professionals in the world. It is a business unit of the Basel ii Compliance Professionals Association (BCPA), the largest association of Basel ii Professionals in the world.
Both associations are wholly owned by Compliance LLC, a company incorporated in Wilmington NC and offices in Washington DC, a provider of risk and compliance training and executive coaching in 36 countries.
Several business units of Compliance LLC are very successful associations that offer standard, premium, and lifetime membership, weekly or monthly updates, training, certification, Authorized Certified Trainer (ACT) programs, advocacy, and other services to their members.
2. Does the association offer training?
The association offers distance learning and online certification programs in all countries, and in-house instructor-led training in companies and organizations in many countries.
A. Distance learning and online certification programs.
A1. Certified Basel iii Professional (CBiiiPro), distance learning and online certification program. To learn more, you may visit: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/Basel_III_Distance_Learning_Online_Certification.html
A2. Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3), distance learning and online certification program. To learn more, you may visit: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/CP3E_B3_Distance_Learning_Online_Certification.html
A3. Certified Stress Testing Expert - Basel 3 (CSTE-B3), distance learning and online certification program. To learn more, you may visit: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/CSTE_B3_Distance_Learning_Online_Certification.html
A4. Capital Requirements Directive IV / Capital Requirements Regulation Professional (CRDIV/CRR/Pro), distance learning and online certification program. To learn more, you may visit: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/CRD_IV_Distance_Learning_Online_Certification.html
B. Instructor-led training.
The association develops and maintains several certification programs and tailor made training programs for directors, executive managers, risk and compliance managers, internal and external auditors, data owners, process owners, consultants, suppliers, and service providers. For instructor-led training, you may contact Lyn Spooner.
3. Is there any discount available for the distance learning programs?
Unfortunately, we do not offer any discount for the first program. We want to keep the cost of the programs so low for all members.
You have a $100 discount only after you purchase your first program, and it applies to all the other programs of the Basel iii Compliance Professionals Association (BiiiCPA), and to each one of the programs that follow:
a. Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP).
b. Certified Information Systems Risk and Compliance Professional (CISRCP).
c. Certified Cyber (Governance Risk and Compliance) Professional - CC(GRC)P.
d. Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional in Insurance and Reinsurance - CRCMP(Re)I.
There are programs offered by the International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals (IARCP, https://www.risk-compliance-association.com). The BiiiCPA and the IARCP are both wholly owned by Compliance LLC.
For example, you can purchase the CBiiiPro program for $297, and then purchase the CRCMP program for $197 (instead of $297), and/or the CSTE-B3 program for $197 (instead of $297).
The CRCMP has become one of the most recognized programs in risk management and compliance. There are CRCMPs in 32 countries. Companies and organizations around the world consider the CRCMP a preferred certificate. You can find more at: https://www.risk-compliance-association.com/CRCMP_Jobs_Careers.pdf
4. Are your training and certification programs vendor neutral?
Yes. We do not promote any products or services, and we are 100% independent.
5. I want to learn more about the exam.
You can take the exam online in the comfort of your home or office, in all countries. You will be given 90 minutes to complete a 35-question multiple-choice exam. You must score 70% or higher.
We do not send sample questions. If you study the presentations, you can score 100%.
When you are ready to take the CBiiiPro exam, you must follow the steps: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/Certification_Steps_CBiiiPro.pdf
When you are ready to take the CP3E-B3 exam, you must the steps: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/Certification_Steps_CP3E_B3.pdf
When you are ready to take the CSTE-B3 exam, you must follow the steps: https://www.basel-iii-association.com/Certification_Steps_CSTE_B3.pdf
6. How comprehensive are the presentations? Are they just bullet points?
The presentations are not bullet points. They are effective and appropriate to study online or offline.
7. Do I need to buy books to pass the exam?
No. If you study the presentations, you can pass the exam. All the exam questions are clearly answered in the presentations. If you fail the first time, you must study more. Print the presentations and use Post-it to attach notes, like "operational risk", "board" etc., to know where to find the answer to a question.
8. Is it an open book exam? Why?
Yes, it is an open book exam. Risk and compliance management is something you must understand and learn, not memorize. You must acquire knowledge and skills, not commit something to memory.
9. Do I have to take the exam soon after receiving the presentations?
No. You can take the exam from your office or home, any time. Your account never expires and there is no time restriction.
10. Do I have to spend more money in the future to remain certified?
No. Your certificates never expire. They will be valid, without the need to spend money or to take another exam in the future.
11. Ok, the certificates never expire, but things change.
Recertification would be a great recurring revenue stream for the association, but it would also be a recurring expense for our members. We resisted the temptation to "introduce multiple recurring revenue streams to keep business flowing", as we were consulted. No recertification is needed for our programs.
Things change, and this is the reason you need to become (at no cost) a member of the association. Every month you can visit the "Reading Room" of the association and read our newsletter with updates, alerts, and opportunities, to stay current.
12. How many hours do I need to study to pass the exam?
You must study the presentations at least twice, to ensure you have learned the details. The average time needed is about 42 hours for the CBiiiPro program, 17 hours for the CP3E-B3 program, and 33 hours for the CSTE-B3 program, but there are important differences.
13. I have received my certificate, but now I want to have another printed and stamped certificate. Can you send me another one?
The cost of each additional printed and stamped certificate is $65. It includes the administration, processing and posting via registered mail with tracking number. Certificates are usually dispatched every 10 weeks. We accept payment with cards, QR, and PayPal.
14. Why should I get certified?
Firms and organizations hire and promote "fit and proper" professionals who can provide evidence that they are qualified. Employers need assurance that employees have the knowledge and skills needed to mitigate risks and accept responsibility.
Supervisors and auditors ask for independent evidence that the process owners are qualified, and that the controls can operate as designed, because the persons responsible for these controls have the necessary knowledge and experience.
The marketplace is clearly demanding qualified professionals in risk and compliance management. Certified professionals enjoy industry recognition and have more and better job opportunities. It is important to get certified and to belong to professional associations. You prove that you are somebody who cares, learns, and belongs to a global community of professionals.
15. Why should I choose your certification programs?
We strongly believe that we offer the best value for money compared to all other Basel III training and certification programs:
a. The Basel iii Compliance Professionals Association (BiiiCPA) is the largest association of Basel iii Professionals in the world. It is a business unit of the Basel ii Compliance Professionals Association (BCPA), which is the largest association of Basel ii Professionals in the world.
b. The all-inclusive cost of each program ($297) is very low. There is no additional cost for this program, now or in the future, for any reason.
c. If you purchase a second program, you have a $100 discount. The all-inclusive cost for your second (and each additional) program is $197.
d. There are 3 exam attempts per year that are included in the cost of each program, so you do not have to spend money again if you fail.
e. No recertification is required. Your certificates never expire.