Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3), distance learning and online certification program
Note: It is highly recommended to study the Certified Basel iii Professional (CBiiiPro) program before the Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3) program.
- Revised Pillar 3 disclosure requirements
- Guide for disclosure of Pillar 3 information
- Scope of application
- Implementation date
- Reporting location
- Frequency and timing of disclosures
- Assurance of Pillar 3 data
- Proprietary and confidential information
- Guiding principles for banks’ Pillar 3 disclosures
- Principle 1: Disclosures should be clear
- Principle 2: Disclosures should be comprehensive
- Principle 3: Disclosures should be meaningful to users
- Principle 4: Disclosures should be consistent over time
- Principle 5: Disclosures should be comparable across banks
- Presentation of the disclosure requirements
- Templates and tables
- Templates with a fixed format
- Templates/tables with a flexible format
- Qualitative narrative to accompany the disclosure requirements
- Format and reporting frequency of each disclosure requirement
- Overview of risk management and RWA
- Linkages between financial statements and regulatory exposures
- Credit risk
- General information about credit risk
- Credit risk mitigation
- Credit risk under standardised approach
- Credit risk under internal risk-based approaches
- Counterparty credit risk
- Quantitative disclosure - description of a bank’s securitisation exposures
- Quantitative disclosure – calculation of capital requirements
- Market risk
- Operational risk
- Interest rate risk in the banking book (unchanged)
- Pillar 3 disclosure requirements for remuneration
- Background and objectives
- Pillar 3 disclosure requirements
- Scope of application
- Method and frequency of disclosure
- Key disclosures
- Composition of capital disclosure requirements
- Post 1 January 2018 disclosure template
- Reconciliation requirements
- Main features template
- Other disclosure requirements
- Template during the transitional period
- Global systemically important banks: updated assessment methodology and the higher loss absorbency requirement
- Methodology for assessing systemic importance of G-SIBs
- A. Indicator-based measurement approach
- B. Sample of banks
- C. Bucketing approach
- D. Supervisory judgment
- E. Periodic review and refinement
- F. Disclosure requirements
- The magnitude of the higher loss absorbency requirement and its impact
- Instruments to meet the higher loss absorbency requirement
- Interaction with other elements of the Basel III framework
- Liquidity coverage ratio disclosure standards
- Disclosure requirements
- Guidance on additional disclosures
- Basel III leverage ratio framework and disclosure requirements
- Disclosure requirements
- Implementation date, frequency and location of disclosure
- Disclosure templates
- Summary comparison table
- Common disclosure template and explanatory table, reconciliation and other requirements
- Basel III Pillar 3 Guidelines in the USA
- Basel III Pillar 3 Guidelines in the EU
- Basel III Pillar 3 Case Studies
The all-inclusive cost is $297.
For secure payment we work with PayPal, the faster and safer way to make online payments. With PayPal we minimize the cost of administration and compliance with many national and international laws, regulations and privacy rules and we can keep the cost of the program so low.
Only PayPal receives your credit card number and your financial information. We only receive your full name, your email and your mail address. According to the PayPal rules, you have the option to ask for a full refund up to 60 days after the payment. If you do not want the program for any reason, all you have to do is send us an email and we will refund the payment, no questions asked. You can try our programs risk-free.
When you click "Buy Now" below, you will be redirected to the PayPal web site. Your payment will be received by our strategic partner and service provider, Cyber Risk GmbH (Rebackerstrasse 7, 8810 Horgen, Switzerland, Handelsregister des Kantons Zürich, Firmennummer: CHE-244.099.341). Cyber Risk GmbH may also send certificates to all members.
What is included in this price:
A. The official presentations we use in our instructor-led classes (917 slides)
B. Up to 3 Online Exams
There is only one exam you need to pass, in order to become a Certified Pillar 3 Expert - Basel 3 (CP3E-B3).
If you fail, you must study again the official presentations, but you do not need to spend money to try again. Up to 3 exams are included in the price.
To learn more about the exam:
C. Personalized Certificate
Processing and posting to your office or home via registered mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How comprehensive are the presentations? Are they just bullet points?
Answer: The presentations are not bullet points, you can read them, understand, and learn. These are the official presentations we use in our instructor-led classes.
2. Do I need to buy books to pass the exam?
Answer: No. If you study the presentations, you can pass the exam. All the exam questions are clearly answered in the presentations.
If you fail the first time, you must study more. Print the presentations and use Post-it to attach notes, like "Credit Risk", "Operational Risk" etc., to know where to find the answer of a question.
3. Is it an open book exam? Why?
Answer: Yes, it is an open book exam. Risk and compliance management is not something you have to memorize, it is something you must understand and learn.
4. Do I have to sit for the exam soon after receiving the presentations?
Answer: No. You can sit for the exam from your office or home, any time in the future. Your account never expires and there is no restriction of any kind.
5. Do I have to spend more money in the future to remain certified?
Answer: No. Your certificate never expires. It will be valid, without the need to spend money or to sit for another exam in the future.
6. Ok, the certificate never expires, but things change.
Answer: Recertification would be a great recurring revenue stream for the association, but it would also be a recurring expense for our members. We resisted the temptation to "introduce multiple recurring revenue streams to keep business flowing", as we were consulted. No recertification is needed for our programs.
Things change, and this is the reason you need to become (at no cost) a member of the association. You will receive our monthly newsletter with updates, alerts and opportunities to stay current.
7. How many hours do I need to study to pass the exam?
Answer: It depends on your knowledge and experience. You must study the presentations at least twice, to ensure you have learned the details. The average time needed is about 46 hours, but there are important differences.
8. I want to learn more about the online exam.
Answer: You will be given 90 minutes to complete a 35-question multiple-choice exam. You must score 70% or higher.
We do not send sample questions. If you study the presentations carefully, you can score 100%.
9. Why should I get certified?
Answer: After the failures of so many organizations during the recent crisis, firms and organizations hire "fit and proper" professionals who can provide evidence that they are qualified.
Companies and organizations need assurance that employees have the knowledge and skills needed to mitigate risks, and to accept more responsibility. Supervisors and auditors ask for independent evidence that the process owners are qualified, and that the controls can operate as designed, because the persons responsible for these controls have the necessary knowledge and experience.
The marketplace is clearly demanding qualified professionals in risk and compliance management. Certified professionals enjoy industry recognition and have more and better job opportunities.
It is important to get certified and to belong to professional associations. You prove that you are somebody who cares, learns, and belongs to a global community of professionals.
10. Why should I choose your certification program?Answer: It is always good to investigate first. You should search for other programs, using any search engine.
We strongly believe that we offer the best value for money compared to all other Basel III training and certification programs:
1. The Basel iii Compliance Professionals Association (BiiiCPA) is the largest association of Basel iii Professionals in the world. It is a business unit of the Basel ii Compliance Professionals Association (BCPA), which is the largest association of Basel ii Professionals in the world.
2. The all-inclusive cost of the program ($297) is very low. There is no additional cost for this program, now or in the future, for any reason.
3. There are 3 exams that are included in the cost of the program, so you do not have to spend money again if you fail.
4. No recertification is required. Your certificate never expires.